Kyle Vincent Forum
November 22, 2014, 05:50:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Report on Kyle's PNW Concerts  (Read 2543 times)
Aurelia

« on: October 30, 2007, 02:26:12 AM »

Report on Kyle's PNW Concerts Oct 26 and 27

My head is still spinning from Kyle's weekend trip to Portland and Hillsboro, Oregon! He came in like a whirlwind and left just as quickly. Wow! As always, he managed to astound and impress everyone who came in contact with his energy, grace, charm and endless talent. He blew everyone away! We wish we could have flown away with him to his next gig in California, since we can't seem to get enough of him here in the PNW. He brings such excitement to all of us. This is his 6th visit here in recent years, having played in homes, club, schools and now an art gallery. After picking Kyle up at the Portland Airport and finding his hotel late Thursday night, he rested up for what was to come the next two days. He can fill you in on all the details of the airport, hotel, downtown Portland, car rental and such. I'll attempt to review the concerts that I attended on Friday and Saturday evening. I want so much to share the joy that I experienced, but there is no way that I can do it justice to the proper degree. Even after seeing Kyle perform for the 16th time, he never fails to entertain and thrill me with his beautiful songs sung with such passion with his electrifying vocals that is pure heaven! Every show has been different, fresh and captivating. His stories between songs are humorous and poignant. Kyle is a great storyteller among his many other talents. I look forward to them as much as I do the songs. Friday evening's show was held in the home of Judy West in Portland. The guests were seated in her cozy familyroom facing an elevated stage area where Kyle sat and performed, spotlighted from above. Very charming and dramatic! The songlist included the following, not in the exact order:

It's Gonna Be a Great Day
Our Song
If I Had Anything
Dana and Mary (I love his stories about them)
One Last Ride on the Merry-Go-Round (one of my favorites)
You Will Dance Again (so inspiring)
Sakura Lullaby (he will record this in Japanese-Beautiful!)
Petals of Peace
Don't You Know (he explained the meaning of the song)
Wake Me Up
Sierra (a new arrangement that I love)
Tomorrow We'll Try Again
Next Time We'll Go Crazy
Let Me Let Go (we needed several tissues for these 2)
Arianne
Lonely World
Mary Ann? (I'm not sure if this is the title)
Happy Ending
I Sing For You
Saturday Night (There were 2 BCR fans in the audience- Fun!)

If I left out a couple, I'm sorry. I was so mesmerized and didn't want the night to end. Kyle sang many of my faves, but there were so many more that I would have loved to have heard, live.  The following evening, Kyle performed a concert at the Influence Art Gallery owned by Evan Acey in downtown Hillsboro, where we recently held a John Denver Tribute Concert. Many of the planners and musicians were there to hear him for the first time. Kyle substituted some songs on the above list with the following:
Young Again
She Comes Home a Hero
Van Gogh Sunset

Everyone from both concerts was taken by his songs, his stories, and by Kyle, himself, and became instant fans. Some were asking why they don't hear him on the radio! I ask the same question all the time....These wonderful songs are only a fraction of what Kyle has produced over his fabulous career...and looks like more great songs are on the way!  We can't wait to be enthralled again by his talents. Kyle keeps getting better each time I see him...How does he do it? His voice was exquisite both nights, the best I've ever heard.

On Saturday afternoon, Kyle found his way to the farthest reaches of our city near a replica of San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, called St. John's Bridge. His Climate Crisis presentation was held across the Willamette River on the other side of the bridge at at the Proper Eats Market and Cafe. The NW Vegetarian Society <www.nwveg.org> assembled there to watch the slide show that Kyle presented in his own unique way that held everyone's attention, although he was "preaching to the choir," so to speak. The discussion afterward was just as passionate and intense. I learned even more than the Al Gore documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, especially about the food and environment connection. If you ever get a chance to see one of Kyle's presentations, it will truly be worthwhile.

The Portland weather held out for Kyle with the sun shining warmly, casting its rays on the brilliant autumn leaves throughout our lovely city. He only got lost once, which is my fault for giving him bad directions, or maybe he took a detour to JoAnn's Fabrics to buy some more tartan plaid! But as the Pro that he is, he managed to find his way, in the dark, with a dead cell phone, to his correct venue.

We're looking forward to his next visit, which we hope will be a little longer and more relaxed, but with guaranteed smiles, tears, and joyful laughter from us all. Lots of love you, Kyle, from the PNW!

Good luck with your touring with with the Bay City Rollers! S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y, and EVERY night!

My best,
Aurelia

Carolyn

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 10:48:22 AM »

Aurelia,

Thanks so much for your most detailed posts about the shows.  (I love your added thoughts in parentheses)

It's so great to see that Kyle's been able to incorporate so many of the climate change slide shows into his tour schedule as he has so far too!

I'm glad to hear you're liking the new version of Sierra.  I'm still kiind of partial to the original yet I find myself being drawn along by the new melody in such a nice way when I hear it. 

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Carolyn

kv
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 11:25:04 PM »

Ah shucks, Aurelia, thanks for all the kind words.

I think you covered all the bases. Not sure what the Mary Ann song was, but maybe you're writing your own tunes now. Let me know how your song comes out.

I dig Portland more each time I visit. Leaving on the jet plane Sunday afternoon I gazed at the majesty of the region. I do need to book more down time next time just to visit nature. Do you guys have ticks? Poison Ivy? Maple syrup?

Aurelia

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 09:05:21 PM »

Thanks, Carolyn and Kyle!
I apologize for my typos, as you can see I posted my review at 2:26 AM, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  Wink
I forgot to mention that the concerts here were pretty much a full house and Kyle received a standing ovation after his performance, which he so justly deserved!
Kyle, I think the song Mary Ann was written by you and the friend who worked with Barry Manilow. I know I got the title wrong. Can you correct me on that?  Sorry, or maybe was I dreaming this? Huh
Portland is a beautiful city, although we have our share of ticks and poison ivy in the outlying forests and mountains, (shoes required), but alas, no maple syrup that I know of, except at Trader Joes.
By the way, I went to the NW Veg Holiday Festival on Saturday and saw Jill and Peter. She said they listen to your CD in the car and love it and can't wait to see you again!
Next time I'll try to find some Soy Delicious Pomegranate Chip ice cream! And give you better directions! Roll Eyes

Aurelia

P. S. This is only my second time posting on your new cool website!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: