Kyle Vincent Forum
September 22, 2014, 05:15:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Popapalooza - Italian Feast of San Gennaro  (Read 1247 times)
ArKylevist

Email
« on: September 25, 2011, 12:58:23 PM »

Italian Feast of San Gennaro, Hollywood, CA, September 24, 2011 (dubbed Popapalooza by KV in the Announcement section)

I don't figure a lot of people here stayed up to watch the live stream of the show in Hollywood last night (or, for many or most of you, this morning), but I'm kind of surprised that nobody has posted anything about it yet.  Yeah, I was lame - I didn't go; I just watched it on my laptop, in my nightgown (teeth brushed and otherwise ready for bed), curled up on an overstuffed chair with two cats who slept through most of it (though I can tell you, they were definitely smiling when KV was singin'!).

WOW!  The Talent was really workin' the stage there!  The camera couldn't keep up with him. Bouncing and hopping and running from one end of the stage to the other, bending down, jumping up, kneeling, sitting at the stages' edge with the audience.  I was worn out just watching!!  Though there were other lead singers performing during the set, our Talent was out front and visible most of the time, though he didn't stay still for a second. 

For those who missed it, I can give you a rundown of most of the setlist.  I say most, because during the set, my laptop decided to download updates and I couldn't stop it.  Halfway through "Billy Don't be a Hero," the updates automatically started installing and I lost the feed.  I couldn't pause the installation and couldn't get the Internet back until it was done installing!  Geez; it's always something!!  So I missed a good ten to fifteen minutes, I think.  Someone will have to fill in the blanks.

"Back to the Sixties" set

Ron Dante kicked off the set with:
"Good Lovin' "
"I'm a Believer"
"Tracy"
"Sugar Sugar"

Next up was Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods, featuring our very own KV on lead vocals:
"Who Do You Think You Are?"
"I Only Wanna Be With You" (complete with tartan jacket)
Bo came up front, introduced the band, and sang lead on a song I don't know the title of (?"old Folks" or "Never Can Tell" would be my best guesses)
KV back on lead vocal for "Billy Don't Be a Hero" (again, this is where I lost the feed -- it cut off when the fiancee got a letter)

?? (missed about 10-15 minutes, I think)

when I got the feed back, it was during The Buckinghams' Dennis Tufano's last song - "Kind of a Drag"

Sonny Geraci from The Outsiders and Climax was the last act of the set:
"More Today Than Yesterday"
"Time Won't Let Me"
"Precious & Few"

Then Sonny brought everybody (Ron, Bo, & Dennis) back on stage for the finale, The Buckinghams' song "Mercy Mercy Mercy"

Then I fell into bed, quickly followed by the kitties, and was sound asleep within seconds.
Jennifer

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 01:24:24 PM »

Gia, I think you and I were posting at the same time. I just posted about this show on the other thread. For continuity's sake, here is what I wrote:

As it turns out, I did get to see the show thanks to the streaming video last night. What great fun Kyle must have had singing lead or backup on all those classic old songs! It sure was fun to watch. He did an incredible job singing the Bay City Rollers (and Dusty Springfield) song "I Only Want to Be With You" and the Bo Donaldson song "Billy, Don't Be a Hero." It seems like such an odd mix to have Kyle singing about soldiers and warfare, but that song is a classic because of the overriding message in the lyrics, of course. Kyle's voice was stunning on that one.
Luckily for those of us tuned in, he was on camera much of the time, positioned right behind the lead singers of the various other songs. At times when singing lead, though, he would bound around the stage or down into the audience, and all I could think was don't hurt yourself! He's coming to perform for us in Northern Cal next. Can't have him laid up from injury.
On a minor note, I wish that Ron Dante had credited Neil Diamond as the writer of "I'm a Believer" instead of connecting it to Davy Jones, who didn't even sing lead on it for the Monkees in the first place...
All in all, I am so glad I tuned in!
Jennifer

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 01:26:42 PM »

Oh, yeah, "Who Do You Think You Are" -- forgot to mention that one! Excellent with Kyle singing it, of course.
ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 01:44:25 PM »

I'm glad you were able to see it, too, Jennifer!  Can you fill in the blanks of the ones I missed?  I also thought about posting on the original post Kyle made, but then I figured it was a concert review and so should be in this section.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 01:45:59 PM by ArKylevist » Logged
Jennifer

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 07:43:31 PM »

Sorry, I'm unable to help you fill the gaps, Gia...above, I even forgot to mention one of the songs KV sang. Usually, I keep close track of the set list for the purpose of posting here, but I guess I was in sleep mode last night.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: