Kyle Vincent Forum
July 29, 2014, 03:42:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sacramento, CA 10-15-11  (Read 828 times)
Jennifer

« on: October 18, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »

The Oct. 15th show, the second of three in Northern California over the weekend, was something I arranged, and I think it went very well! One of my goals for this show, held at the Sugar Plum Vegan Cafe in midtown Sacramento, was to introduce Kyle's music to the local vegan community. I figured they'd be a natural audience for his sentiments. Kyle indicated he liked the venue very much, as well as the food they served him for dinner. From my perspective, the setting was ideal - lots of space for row upon row of folding chairs (of which the restaurant had plenty, thank goodness) and ample space beyond that for dining tables. The audience had a choice of sitting right up close, as I always do, or having a meal and watching from a bit farther out. Plus, plenty of electrical outlets for equipment  -- all stuff that needs to be considered when actually hosting a show.

It was a pleasure to have Tommy Dunbar of the Rubinoos, and co-writer of some of Kyle's songs, accompany him on a few. Here is the set list:

Arianne
Tomorrow We’ll Try Again
One Good Reason
I Should Understand
Sierra
Van Gogh Sunset
Young Again
Wake Me Up…
Ballad of Dana & Mary
Just Like Nothing Ever Happened
Animal
Jennifer
Same Old Heartache
Billy Don’t Be a Hero
Petals of Peace
San Francisco

Devout KV fans will know that some of this set list is very unusual – I have seen Kyle perform many, many times now, in various parts of the country, various settings, but I have never gotten to hear “Jennifer” or “Same Old Heartache” before. Tommy accompanied Kyle on both of those, two of his most delightful songs in my opinion, and it just tickled me to death to hear them live.

Also, Kyle presented the song “Animal” to this audience, because, as I mentioned to him when developing my hoped-for set list, if not at this venue with this audience, then when? I have heard him sing it only once before, to a vegan audience in south New Jersey. Saturday night’s crowd loved it. 

“Billy Don’t Be a Hero” surprised me a bit, but Kyle had just performed it a couple of weeks ago (everything was a couple of weeks ago, right Kyle?) in Southern Cal, so it was fresh and ready for us!

Kyle looked absolutely hot, and treated us to the white Puma shoes. All in all, a fantastic night! Thanks for everything, Kyle, and thanks to Tommy, too!
ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 05:45:11 PM »

Thank you, Jennifer!  We can always count on you for reviews!!
Smitty

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 08:11:22 PM »

Loved this venue!  Perfect setting for Kyle, and the food was delicious!  It's always great to see Tommy and Kyle together.  What a great team they are, and hilarious too!  Like Jennifer said, lots of rarely if ever heard songs were performed.  I highly recommend anyone in the area, or easy flying distance, not to miss his next show at the Sugar Plum Vegan Cafe!

Did I mention the great desserts?  An evening of Kyle and great desserts...what could be better. Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: