Kyle Vincent Forum
October 23, 2014, 04:41:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Bridge, NJ 1-7-12  (Read 934 times)
Jennifer

« on: January 14, 2012, 01:16:43 PM »

One week ago I was lucky enough to be in New Jersey to see Kyle perform, and to help hostess Kathy prepare for the show. Here is the set list (I am guessing at the names of some of the new songs):

It's Gonna Be a Great Day
Change the World
A Night Like This / Whatever Happened to Fun
Same Old Heartache
Where You Are
Whenever the Rain Falls
Arianne
Ballad of Dana and Mary
When He Was Young
Wake Me Up...
Just Like Nothing Ever Happened
You Will Dance Again
Don't You Know
It Wasn't Supposed to Happen
Young Again
Quiero Amarte (Kathy and Kyle do this one beautifully together)
Where Memories Go
In Another Life (karaoke style)
-- radio station intro to Wake Me Up
Bridge
San Francisco
Petals of Peace

Between "In Another Life" and "Bridge," Kyle took a prearranged phone call from a radio station in Philadelphia (I think - unfamiliar station to me as a Californian) to introduce a playing of "Wake Me Up." It was fun to be on hand for that. There was a full house in Kathy's apartment, and as usual when people who haven't heard Kyle sing before experience a performance, they are now fans. A few people drove a matter of hours round-trip to be there, and felt it was well worth it! I know my 6,000-mile round-trip was worth it! Kathy sang along on several songs with Kyle, making for very pretty versions of songs we know well. Kyle was in good spirits, looked wonderful of course, and delved a little deeper into his stories about his songs than usual.

Thank you to Kyle and Kathy for another great New Jersey show!
ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »

Thank you, Jennifer!  Sounds like you guys had a real blast!  Several oldies there I haven't heard in a long time.  I like that he's mixing some of those into new shows!
Katherine

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 03:39:47 PM »

This was a special night for many reasons, and I am SO HAPPY that I was able to "pack the joint!!!" Cheesy

As always, Kyle pulls out all the stops when he comes to Jersey; he was in fine voice, looked FANTASTIC, the stories were just great, and as Jen said, my audience had several people who are now brand new fans. I LOVE THAT!!! People came from as far away as Cherry Hill and Sparta, NJ, Philadelphia, and Queens, NY!  Wow. Thanks to Jennifer, keeper of the set lists AND my sanity! Her traveling here numerous times from CA is something that I always look forward to.

THE BIGGEST THANK YOU to KYLE for always making my shows such personal and memorable occasions. Thank you for your music, your voice, your gift. You give it willingly, and ALWAYS over and above what I expect. I appreciate you more than you know.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: