Kyle Vincent Forum
September 14, 2019, 11:36:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Candy  (Read 6340 times)
kv
Global Moderator

Email
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:34:54 AM »

Candy CDs just arrived from England. They look great! Not many to go around, so if you haven't ordered one, you may do so here: http://www.kylevincent.com/swag/index.php?productID=160
Jennifer

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »

Ordered mine already! Can't wait for it to arrive in my mailbox!
tr11

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 05:33:24 PM »

Hi, is the sound quality different on this one compared to the version Kyle brought back from Japan and sold a couple of years ago? Thanks in advance.
kv
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 08:37:51 AM »

Hi, is the sound quality different on this one compared to the version Kyle brought back from Japan and sold a couple of years ago? Thanks in advance.

I've received 2 emails regarding the differences. One is pretty adamant that the UK release does not sound as good as the Japan one. Another person was disappointed that the new version did not include any bonus tracks. I offered them [the record company] bonus tracks, but I think they just wanted to have a proper re-release of the actual original album.

I've listened and compared the two. I think the Japan one sounds richer, but I don't think most people would hear much of a difference, and besides the new one is a far superior packaging. It looks great! They did a wonderful job. This comes down to what kind of fan you are/were of that band. If you want to have it all, I'd get the UK version, the liners are done very well. Besides, the other version is not currently available.

Hope that helps.
kv
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:52:52 AM by kv » Logged
tr11

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 08:47:24 AM »

Thanks, Kyle, that actually helps a lot.
I will for sure be purchasing for the whole package. Been a Candy fan since the 80's. Got to see you guys a couple of times in LA. Always been one of my all time favorite albums from start to finish. I bought the Japan version and love it. Although American Kix is missing from the live bonus tracks. Sad  But I supplemented that with a copy I had to make the whole playlist. Smiley
Just wanted to know about sound quality but since I'll have both I'll be good to go. Placing my order now. Keep making great music for us.

Chavez

kv
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 09:52:20 AM »

Thanks, Kyle, that actually helps a lot.
I will for sure be purchasing for the whole package. Been a Candy fan since the 80's. Got to see you guys a couple of times in LA. Always been one of my all time favorite albums from start to finish. I bought the Japan version and love it. Although American Kix is missing from the live bonus tracks. Sad  But I supplemented that with a copy I had to make the whole playlist. Smiley
Just wanted to know about sound quality but since I'll have both I'll be good to go. Placing my order now. Keep making great music for us.

Chavez

You're welcome, Chavez. And thank YOU and everyone for sticking around for so many years. This is what I think about when I'm heading into the studio to work on new songs. To know that there are people out there who will actually care about how the oboe sounds, that's why I take the time to do it.
tr11

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »

I know the feeling. I formed a band a few years after Candy and played in the LA scene for 17 years. 1992-2009. I know details are important.
So yes, there's a LOT of people that appreciate everything you put into your music for us. We love it and look forward every time something new comes out.
Now if we could just get some Candy shirts then we'd really have something. Smiley
Jennifer

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »

It arrived! Now I want another!
tr11

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 10:39:24 PM »

Lucky  Wink
One of the greatest albums ever made. I can't wait. I was looking at my cassette of it today.
Todd

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 08:05:15 AM »

Hey Kyle,
                 What bonus songs did you offer up and what do we have to do to get them?
kv
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 08:36:27 AM »

Hey Kyle,
                 What bonus songs did you offer up and what do we have to do to get them?

The bonus live concert that was on the Japanese release.
tr11

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 01:01:34 AM »

Okay, ordered my CD on Monday and it arrived today. It sounds phenomenal. I threw it in the CD player and this is the reaction I got from my son. He did exactly what I felt. See Kyle, the music moves us. Enjoy everybody and buy the CD. Click on the link.

http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv-google&desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US&rdm=4psit6319#/watch?v=jv8Hj-v_cfw
ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »

Took me a while, but I finally placed my order!  I've just been crazy, crazy busy.  Glad they're still in stock!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: