Kyle Vincent Forum
June 19, 2019, 04:53:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio from Maui!  (Read 4457 times)
Jennifer

« on: March 19, 2012, 10:23:17 AM »

I wasn't able to listen to Kyle's dee jay work from Maui when he filled in on the Time Machine in December, but was able to listen to most of the show this past weekend. Lots of great songs, including many obscure things that you could expect from someone who's been a connoisseur of pop music for decades (since the stroller). Heard a couple of songs I may try to track down for myself, and lots of great stories, though I find it hard to believe the Crown Prince once had such a hostile audience that he actually flipped them off. Also, did he really turn down a proposition from the driver of the pink Corvette? If those pique your interest, you must tune in for such nuggets if he heads to Hawaii to do radio again!
Smitty

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:53:21 AM »

I was unable to connect from my computer Sad  Kyle, will you be able to upload the show here?  I'm dying to hear some of those stories!
ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 11:03:12 AM »

Thanks for some of the tidbits, Jennifer.  I didn't get to listen to it this time (though I was able to listen to the previous one).  I was wondering if anyone was going to post anything about it here.

Does the Talent want to post any comments about this latest dee jay gig?

Jennifer

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 05:27:15 PM »

A song Kyle played that I think you just have to love is "Honey in the Sun" by Camera Obscura. I'd never heard it before, but even via the sad little speakers of my laptop, it sounded tantalizing, and I was lucky enough to catch the name of the band when Kyle mentioned it. So a quick bit of Internet research led me to a video on YouTube, where I was somewhat amazed to find that it's a fairly current song (2009, I think) - could have sworn I was listening to something from the '60s!
Katherine

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 06:34:20 PM »

It was VERY cool to hear The Talent on the radio! He played an interesting mix of songs; from his own stellar originals to classics by Barry Manilow, Sammy Davis Jr., Engelbert Humperdinck and Carpenters to Rubinoos, P. Hux, Spinners, Stylistics, Rupert Holmes, Hurricane Smith, and as KV mentioned on the air, his all-time favorite singer/songwriter: Gilbert O'Sullivan!

He sounded great, I loved the stories, and he played some familiar tunes sung by different artists:  Simon and Garfunkel's "Homeward Bound" sung by Glen Campbell, "Hang On In There, Baby" which I've only heard by Barry White, this time sung by Johnny Bristol, and "They Don't Know" which was a hit for Tracey Ullman, sung by Kristy MacColl. I like it when my ears are surprised. Shocked My new favorite from his playlist is "Built To Last" by Melee; definitely check it out on YouTube.

The Talent is a natural on the radio; his voice is a delight to listen to. I understand that there was an online chat, but it didn't work on this end; all I got was a black screen with a photo of a couple eating shave ice. (LOVE shave ice!!!) I did call in and got to talk on the air, although for the life of me I can't remember what I said. Hopefully not something TOO inane.

All in all, a delightful way to spend an evening. Hey, if the music thing doesn't work out, Talent, you'd make a great DJ.  Cool
ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 10:52:36 AM »

Thank you for the further details, Katherine!  I agree.  The talent has a delightful radio voice, and a great personality to go along with it!
kv
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 06:59:45 PM »

Thanks for listening. I had a super time. I just can't enough of this deejayin' thing. I feel incredibly at ease in the studio, although I'm a pile of nerves too, not wanting to mess up. It's a strange mixture. Wish I could do it once a month or so. I would never take a daily gig because I wouldn't be able to play the songs I would want to play, that's what makes the Time Machine gig so sweet. Michael is such a kind and hilarious guy. He literally fell off his chair laughing when I said, "Rob Lowe is 48 today". He also attacked me with beach balls in the middle of the show and a war ensued...all the while I was trying to keep things plugged in, and on the air and talk as if balls weren't flying at my head.

Can't wait to do it all again.
Jennifer

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »

Oh, yeah, the ball talk...who would have guessed that would come up. Beach balls, supposedly, but it soon took a questionable direction. Oh, my delicate sensibilities!

Kyle, you didn't sound nervous at all, and did a great job!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: