Kyle Vincent Forum
July 26, 2014, 02:07:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newcastle show Feb. 4, 2012  (Read 859 times)
Smitty

« on: February 10, 2012, 10:52:59 AM »

Thanks again Kyle for another stellar performance last Saturday night!  This show was held at a lovely 10 acre ranch.  Sophie and Brad's house was a wonderful setting for the concert.  I loved the lighting in the living room and the oval wall of windows behind Kyle. Great set of songs....great voice, as usual.  It really was a magical evening!  Thanks to Jennifer for arranging the show.  The audience, which consisted of almost all new fans, really seemed to enjoy every moment.  I should mention, the audience included a dog named Coco, a cat named Peanut, and the cutest little baby bunny I've ever seen!

Looking forward to the shows in April!
Lynette
Jennifer

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 03:08:08 PM »

The show in Newcastle, California on Feb. 4 was wonderful! It all came together really well for such short notice. We had a full house of people, most of whom had not heard of Kyle before. Of course, they're all fans now! They snapped up his CDs right and left and were enthusiastic in their amazement and praise of his talents. As Lynette mentioned, there were also plenty of animals on hand, including the dog that Kyle sang to during Karaoke Kyle, a cat he held while signing CDs, and a baby bunny that cuddled up with him. None of the 20-plus horses on the property made an appearance indoors, though. This venue is really spectacular, and it's a shame that at this time of year, with sunset still so early, most people arrived after dark and couldn't get a full sense of the beauty of the property. However, the house's interior is lovely and spacious, and the curved wall of windows behind Kyle as he performed looked pretty grand!

The set list is as follows, to the best of my ability (I was fairly addled from managing and organizing things so I could easily have missed writing down a song or two)

It's Gonna Be a Great Day
Change the World
Arianne
Tomorrow We'll Try Again
Young Again
I Should Understand
The Last Hawk
Don't You Know
Bridge
Ballad of Dana & Mary
In Another Life
One Last Ride on the Merry-Go-Round
Magically / Let Me Let Go
Wake Me Up...
Sierra (a fitting close to a show in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas)

Those were almost precisely the songs I had requested, so thank you to Kyle for coming through with them, and for an overall splendid performance. Thank you to Sophie and Brad for allowing me to host this show in their gorgeous home, and thanks to all the new fans who attended, not knowing what they were in for, but who left, I hope, all the richer in their souls for it.
ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 11:35:30 AM »

Thank you for all the wonderful details, Jennifer.  It sounds like it was a very special evening, indeed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: