Kyle Vincent Forum
September 01, 2014, 06:37:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sacramento, CA 4-14-12  (Read 767 times)
Jennifer

« on: April 17, 2012, 11:37:01 PM »

The second of three in one weekend, the Sacramento show was at Luna’s Café, and as Lynette mentioned in another post, it brought Tommy Dunbar and Jon Rubin of the Rubinoos to the stage with Kyle for part of the performance.  A good-sized audience packed themselves into this small restaurant to hear this stellar setlist:

It’s Gonna Be a Great Day
Where You Are
Arianne
Everything
Whenever the Rain Falls
San Francisco
Wake Me Up…
Sierra
First Thing on My Mind (karaoke style, with Kyle chasing after a waitress like a bull in a china shop)
The Other Side of the Rain (with Tommy)
Leave It Alone (with Tommy)
Same Old Heartache (with Tommy)
Rock in my Shoe (at least I think that’s the name; it’s brand spankin’ new; with Tommy)
Daydream Believer (great old John Stewart song – RIP Davy Jones; with Tommy)
Magically / Let Me Let Go
No Matter What Will Be
Petals of Peace
Billy Don’t Be a Hero (with Tommy and Jon)

What a fun show!! I have to say hearing Other Side of the Rain and Same Old Heartache was pure heaven – we just don’t get those unless Tommy’s around. I am really fired up for the new album, too, having heard all these new songs at the most recent shows. 

One more note – I received two Fender speaker stands for Valentine’s Day this year to go with the Fender PA system I bought for these Northern Cal KV shows, and they did a fantastic job of hoisting those little speakers up over the crowd. The whole system is so nifty, complete with the all-important reverb, that Kyle chose to bypass the restaurant’s in-house sound system and go with the one we’ve put together.
ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 03:04:17 PM »

Thank you for the report, Jennifer. Another super special set list and show!  Wish I could have been there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: