Kyle Vincent Forum
October 02, 2014, 05:26:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Bridge, NJ- Sept.17  (Read 1181 times)
kv
Global Moderator

Email
« on: September 18, 2012, 05:58:44 AM »

A surprise show for some very nice people from New Zealand who were visiting the east coast. I had a great time and was treated so very well. Thanks to everyone who battled rush hour New Jersey/NYC traffic to be there on time, with a smile on their face. Kathy, our host, provided The Talent with some great vegan treats along with some beautiful harmony (and lead on "Quiero Amarte") vocals. Such a warm, friendly, and enthusiastic crowd. I'll let someone else provide the set list and report on the hair..you know, the real important stuff.

Thanks again to my NJ AND NZ pals!
kv
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:00:30 AM by kv » Logged
Jennifer

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 02:29:14 PM »

I'll be the "someone else" to provide the set list and report on the hair.

Starting with the most critical thing – Kyle has grown his hair longer again and it looked gorgeous. That should make many fans happy.

Hostess Kathy organized this show as a surprise for two of the guests, a couple visiting from New Zealand who had wished, over the past few years from the other side of the world, that they could attend a KV show. To their amazement, Monday, September 17, was their chance.

We had a wonderful audience of great friends who have known each other for years. Kyle treated us to songs from his upcoming album, as well as the longtime standouts from his career, plus a few that are less common, but every bit as beautiful. Kathy sang with Kyle on several songs, and made “Quiero Amarte” an ongoing tradition at her shows. Here is the list:

A Night Like This (what a surprise, and a delight)
It Wasn’t Supposed to Happen
It’s Gonna Be a Great Day
Whenever the Rain Falls
Ooh Bop Baa (hope I got the spelling Kyle specified for this song – first time I’ve ever heard it)
Arianne
Don’t You Know
Ballad of Dana & Mary
Quiero Amarte
Where You Are
Like Nothing Ever Happened
You Will Dance Again
A Rock in My Shoe (Karaoke style)
Wake Me Up…
Tomorrow We’ll Try Again
Superstar / Let Me Let Go
I Wanna Be With You / I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend / Whatever Happened to Fun

What a list! Love, love, love the older songs, and can’t wait for the new release! Closing the show with the upbeat combo of a Raspberries song, Rubinoos song, and Candy song clearly pleased this audience of pop music fans. After that, we had a raucous party complete with Kathy’s irresistible vegan cupcakes and some questionable poses for photos. Then there was the shoe transaction, or is that off limits for this message board, Kyle?

Thank you to Kyle, Kathy, and all my wonderful friends who made it such a special night, well worth my trip from California.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:04:08 PM by Jennifer » Logged
Katherine

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »

This whole event was a dream come true, and it came together so beautifully thanks to Kyle, who, as always, is gracious, accommodating, and a very nice guy. He looked smashing. With a gorgeous head of hair.  Grin

Our NZ friends were so pleased with Kyle's performance. (We knew they would be!!) Coupled with a surprise reunion of old friends made the evening nothing short of magical. I won't be surprised to see a New Zealand show or two on Kyle's schedule!

The set was grand; thanks for keeping track, Jen! I ADORE singing with Kyle, and certain songs have become traditional. I love how he'll invite me to sing on others, and he won't tell me what they are..."You'll get it." He'll just start playing!  Such fun!!!

I'm telling you, kids, Old Bridge is the place to be for a KV show. THANK YOU, KYLE, from the bottom of my heart, for going above and beyond, and giving your all. I cherish our friendship. You're the BEST!!!
ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 11:55:43 AM »

Thank you, Jennifer, for your reports.  I'm looking forward to my next KV experience -- new songs, new hair, and all!!
AnneG

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 04:43:12 PM »

A late chime in for a wonderful show in Old Bridge.  But, better late than never.  I have seen several of Kyle's home shows, and all of them were fantastic --each in a different way.  He never disappoints.  And, Kathy's duet on Quiero Amerte has quickly become a highlight of the show. Thank you, Kyle, and Kathy, for a joyous, musical evening!
Katherine

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 06:07:04 PM »

Thanks, Anne!!! Hopefully the next show will coincide with the new CD release, so watch this space! (And the other one Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: