Kyle Vincent Forum
October 23, 2014, 02:20:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norwalk, CA - A Sunny Sunday  (Read 1271 times)
ArKylevist

Email
« on: May 27, 2012, 10:24:11 PM »

May 27, 2012 - an outdoor concert in Norwalk to beat all concerts!  21 songs in all - I think this may have been the most songs I've heard in one KV show.

The Talent was in incredible voice this afternoon!  I know I always say that, but today that voice was so crystal clear and pure and resonant like never before.  It was flawless (well, I have to say, not all the lyrics were flawless, but the vocal quality was flawless).

The event started off with "Happy Birthday" to Lynette, a request by our hostess Amy.
"It's Gonna Be a Great Day" (followed by some KV trivia we learned - that Kyle has some weird brain split in which he tends to write songs while he's singing other songs - be forewarned!)
"Where You Are"
backstory on a brand new song - never performed anywhere else before:  "Rock in My Shoe" (clever title!  Great song!)
(OK; my cat Maya wasn't getting enough attention, so she just lay down across the set list, so I can't read it!)
Oh, yeah; KV said they were recording that song tomorrow (5/28)  Wooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo - he said they may be shooting some video of the recording session - can't wait to see that!
While tuning the guitar, we heard some stories - told us some about his experiences in Japan and another story about a senior center experience (which I'm sure will be repeated around the country)
"A Night Like This"
"Arianne" (preceded by story about polling the fans about what song to release after WMU)
Almost brought the tenor sax, but didn't (said "next time" - I'm not holding my breath, though; I've been waiting over 20 years for that!)
Haha!  Before performing "The Ballad of Dana and Mary," he actually called them and talked with Dana for a minute, then set the phone down for them to hear it being played for an audience.  Very cool!
Another new song that was just recorded; didn't get the name of it, though - ?"Sing Our Song Together" (a little help here, Kyle)
Yet ANOTHER new song (woooooooo hooooooooooo!!); don't know the name of this one, either!  ?"Whenever the Rain Falls" (perhaps) - I think this was probably my favorite of the new songs
He was going to end the set with "Sierra," but Lynette wanted to hear it and, well, she's the birthday girl.... (so this is where it fell in the set) Oh, yeah, he did the last verse a capella, as he sometimes does, and it was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful!  Another oh, yeah, he made Lynette come up to the front row right in front of him before he'd sing it!
I don't know how he got onto this subject, but he got into a rant about singers lip syncing.  I can tell you he was pretty passionately against it.
"Don't You Know"
Karaoke Kyle - "First Thing on My Mind" - since the microphone was taped to the stand, he had to carry the entire contraption around with him through the audience!
Special Guest Bo Donaldson came up next to accompany Kyle on three songs:
         "Daydream Believer"
         "Who Do You Think You Are"
         "Billy, Don't Be a Hero"
(back to performing solo) "Before the Winter Comes"/"Let Me Let Go"
Let us know that the keyboard he was using belonged to Craig Miller, who many people in the audience and on this board knew
"You Will Dance Again"
"Whatever Happened to Fun"
WMU stories, ending the event with "Wake Me Up"

Thank you, Amy, for the wonderful setup, and thank you, Kyle, for sharing such special talent with all of us.
Jennifer

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 08:14:52 PM »

Thanks for the detailed account of the show in Norwalk - sounds like a great time! I am so excited for the new album, having heard the new songs recently in Northern Cal and New Jersey. Actually, Kyle may have forgotten, but he performed "Rock in My Shoe" in Sacramento in April. We got to hear "Daydream Believer" and "Billy Don't Be a Hero" there, too. Kyle on lip-synching...I can only imagine the vehemence that probably came out on that topic!
kv
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 11:59:01 PM »

Thanks to everyone who came out to the Norwalk show, it was fun. Having Bo Donaldson there was so cool. I remember watching him on I think Mike Douglas when I was a kid and loving the melodies, even if their suits were kinda dorky, but in a cool 70s dorky kinda way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: