Kyle Vincent Forum
July 21, 2018, 12:48:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monroe, CT 10/5/12  (Read 3548 times)
Katherine

Email
« on: October 06, 2012, 03:08:29 PM »

The "East Coast Scribe" here... Wink reporting on a grand time last night at Aimster's house! She was a very gracious hostess. and is a long-time friend of The Talent. It was lovely meeting her, and I enjoyed yummy vegan and non-vegan treats.

First and foremost, The Talent looked positively dashing!!! His HAIR was a glorious mass of wavy wonderfulness, and Kyle said that he did NOTHING to it. Keep doing nothing! He was dressed in a gorgeous grey jacket, dark pants, white shirt with a black stripe down the front, black vest and cool black boots. Talent, YOU LOOKED MAHHH-VELOUS!!!  Grin

Set list:

Gonna Be A Great Day
A NIght Like THis
It Wasn't Supposed To Happen
One Good Reason
*I missed the next 2 songs or so...was changing a broken string on the guitar, but from the next room I heard:
A December Song
?? Kyle, what was it??
I'm Somebody/Coffeehouse Dues
Ballad of Dana and Mary
Don't You Know
Wake Me Up...
Arianne
Just Like Nothing Ever Happened (this one kills me like LMLG - see below)
You Will Dance Again
Change the World
OOH BOP BAA
Karaoke Kyle:
`A Rock in My Shoe  (Much 'couch hilarity' ensued)
`On My Ride
Sierra (sung with a different melody; cool)
You Light Up My Life (just a snippet...sung "Southern Fried Kyle" style)
Van Gogh Sunset
Young Again
Superstar/Let Me Let Go (kills me every time...)
"Power Pop Trilogy in E:"
`I Wanna Be With You
`I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend
`Whatever Happened To Fun?

There were a lot of interesting stories, and it's always such a treat to be at one of Kyle's shows. The Talent is such a great guy!!!  Kiss

Try and get to a show whenever you can, and DEFINITELY host your own~!!!

ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »

Thanks again, Katherine!!  What I really want, though, are PICTURES of this "glorious mass of wavy wonderfulness" with nothing done to it!  Better yet, would it be possible for The Talent, Aimster, or some other being to post a new clip on YouTube that would diplay both The Voice and those wavy raven locks??  Hint, hint, wink, nod, etc...
Jennifer

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 01:56:43 PM »

I can provide some splendid photos from the Calfornia shows, but I suppose I'd need your email address.
Aimster
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »

Thanks Katherine for the set list!  I wish I'd written everything down, but it was just such a wonderful experience, I wanted to just soak it all in!

Kyle played his show here to a room of mostly KV newbies.  By the end of the evening, they were all converts!  I was excited to see them looking at the CDs trying to find the ones with the songs that spoke to them the most. 

The most special thing about the evening for me was sharing it with my daughter and one of her friends.  They really loved the show and my girl has asked me for access to my iTunes to hear some of the music from the show.  I don't think she ever thought I was very cool before, but after Friday?  I got me some cred with the twelve year old set. 

If KV will let me post a little YouTube bit, I did get a lovely snippet of "I'm Somebody".  You can't see the hair all that well in it, but it really shows how strong his voice was and how clear everything sounded.

But just to show you all the "hair", here's a shot from that night that I am kind of partial to.

ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 12:47:39 PM »

Thank you, Amy!  That's a beautiful picture!  I love the hair, too!

Jennifer - I've tried a gazillion times to send you a "private message" through this message board, to send you my email address, but it always comes up with an error.  I haven't played with the new board yet, but maybe there's a way to connect through that.
Jennifer

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 04:25:45 PM »

Just contact me through Facebook, and we'll take it from there. I have lots of really nice pictures from five shows in the last month. Happy to share.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: