Kyle Vincent Forum
October 17, 2018, 08:58:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW WEBSITE HAS LAUNCHED!!!  (Read 5560 times)
kv
Global Moderator

Email
« on: September 19, 2012, 11:00:52 AM »

Here it is. A BIG BIG Thank You to ASP (Amy) who worked tirelessly with a very very picky Talent to get it done. Be sure to click through on all the tabs, there's lots of cool stuff (including a brand new autobio).
Hope you like it.
http://kylevincent.com/
Jennifer

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:36:42 PM »

It looks nice - stylish, fresh - and that picture of you as a youngster in the autobio is adorable. What will happen to the message board? Wondering if I should post the setlist from the NJ show on Monday here or not...
kv
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 06:41:57 PM »

It looks nice - stylish, fresh - and that picture of you as a youngster in the autobio is adorable. What will happen to the message board? Wondering if I should post the setlist from the NJ show on Monday here or not...
For now this board will stay, crickets and all.

Maybe if I change the colors it will get lively in here.
marvin

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 07:54:46 PM »

The new site is pretty cool, Kyle, and I loved the bio! Good luck.
kv
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »

Thanks Marvin. Glad you're enjoying it. Now I have only 2 questions for you:

1. When are you bringing me to Canada for some shows?
2. How are you going to get your posts on this forum up to the # you have on the EC board? Do I need to be more controversial?? How do we get this place jumpin'?

Katherine

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 06:38:13 AM »

Love the new website!!! Your autobio is fab; can't wait for the book. I want a signed copy. Inscribed, even.  Grin

As far as controversy is concerned, keep religion and politics outta here. That kind of discourse on ones website only serves to alienate fans; the height of foolishness for an artist. There's enough of that on FB, and it's become tiresome, and, quite frankly, insulting. SPEAKING of which...

FB has taken over as the go-to way to connect. From what I understand, traffic at other sites is down, as well. I can't keep up on FB, tho...I'd much rather hang out here. Bantering with The Talent?! I'm in!!!

Aimster
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 01:46:53 PM »

Glad everyone is enjoying the new site.  It is honestly over two years in the making.  KV and I have been battling discussing a big overhaul for that long.  He is very clear in his vision, which can be maddening but also leads to a fabulous end product.  I have been working with him now for 8 (!) years and he never ceases to amaze me. 

I'm glad to see people posting here too.  I am very guilty of not frequenting this board in lieu of the newer ways to connect.  But there is something still very nice about being direct and personal, and Twitter and FB just aren't as personal.  So I guess KV just has to spend even more time online to make sure everyone feels connected.  Smiley

Happy Surfing!
kv
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 02:52:52 PM »

Would it help if I only posted naked? Would that increase traffic, (or actually scare it off?)
Because I can do that.
In fact...
Katherine

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 05:34:15 PM »

Talent! Stop teasing, and hook up the webcam already.  Shocked

Thanks, Aimster, for all your efforts! I love the new design, and all of the <ahem> discussion was well worth it.
marvin

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »

Thanks Marvin. Glad you're enjoying it. Now I have only 2 questions for you:

1. When are you bringing me to Canada for some shows?
2. How are you going to get your posts on this forum up to the # you have on the EC board? Do I need to be more controversial?? How do we get this place jumpin'?

Ha! Would love to get you here to do a show or two. I've spread the word about your music to many people, and it's about time that I along with others around here, FINALLY get to see a live show. Also, you need to come here to answer questions that I get asked. (Drum roll, please)

Top question I keep getting asked:

1) How does he get his hair to look like that?

Wishing you all the best always, Kyle.
ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 11:49:18 AM »

This Forum is the only way to go, as far as I'm concerned.  The only time I ever look at FB is when someone posts on my wall and I get a notice about it in my email (this also includes a couple of groups I belong to and get emails about when someone posts).  As far as Twitter, I haven't been over there in years.  Both are a total waste of time, IMHO.
Jennifer

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 01:24:47 PM »

I agree that this forum is the way to go. Not everyone will agree with that, but I would rather come to this source rather than rely on Facebook, or any of those other outlets I have no interest in. Please don't dump this forum, Kyle!
marvin

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 04:40:23 PM »

This Forum is the only way to go, as far as I'm concerned.  The only time I ever look at FB is when someone posts on my wall and I get a notice about it in my email (this also includes a couple of groups I belong to and get emails about when someone posts).  As far as Twitter, I haven't been over there in years.  Both are a total waste of time, IMHO.

I don't agree with the Twitter statement. Depending on your interests, Twitter is the fastest way to receive up-to-date info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: