First of all - Kyle and Ian's appearance of Fox 8's Morning show yesterday - Pay no attention to the Talent - he was wonderful as was Ian. And the station did a really nice job of promoting last night's show too.
My apologies in advance for the absence of a set list for the NYE show. Whle the 'new' material that Kyle's now performing is all VERY familiar to me, it's still 'new' for me seeing Kyle perform these songs. It's such a treat in so many ways to see Kyle in his new role onstage. Where he was always somewhat tied down by that keyboard or a guitar, he now has stage movements that have obviously been just waiting to escape their constraints. The boy can move and schmooze and interact! (So how come when he comes out in a kilt all of a sudden he's forced to sit BEHIND a keyboard on a stage that somehow seemed suddenly darker?
Did someone pay off the sound/lighting guy???)
Ahhhh but then there's the OLD fan in me that wouldn't trade those shows where he was 'tied' to that red guitar strumming away for anything.....but I digress....
Highlights for me:
* Hearing and watching Kyle sing these 'new' songs that are SUCH great songs and so obviously familiar. He's just SO right for this new role.
* The 'schtick' that seems to come naturally onstage between Kyle and Ian. They play off each other so well, musically and personally. As fun as last night's interaction was, it's clear that it's most likely a regular thing that will only increase in intensity as they get more stage time together. Over the course of the show they went from Ian and Kyle to Lennon and McCartney to Sinatra and Martin....
* The influx of 'new' fans. The majority of last night's audience was definitly Roller fans...and that makes them Kyle Vincent fans in a sense too but they seem to be SO accepting and supportive of the 'new guy'. Some really great people among those numbers out there.
* Hearing Kyle and Ian sing 'Let's Pretend'. AMAZING performance!
* Ian's rendition of Auld Lang Syne. It's obviously an emotional song for him and that made it real special.
* Kyle calling Ian on the carpet and making him explain to the audience just exactly what Hagis is. It was almost like he was the parent making him confess....'Tell them what it is...go ahead!' This obviously goes along with the above reference to 'schtick'
Fun...that's what this show was!
* The energy. Like Kyle said, it was a FUN audience. From 'Magic' to 'Feliz Navidad' to 'Saturday Night', it was an audience particiation night.
* Hearing Kyle sing Petals Of Peace just into the new year. I think that about sums it up.
Fun, fun show.....an amazing way to start the new year! Hopefully I'll have some pictures that will pass inspection
and Kyle can get some of them posted soon.