Kyle Vincent Forum
December 22, 2014, 11:24:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit www.kylevincent.com today!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NYE in Cleveland  (Read 1928 times)
Carolyn

« on: January 01, 2008, 06:34:56 PM »

First of all - Kyle and Ian's appearance of Fox  8's Morning show yesterday - Pay no attention to the Talent - he was wonderful as was Ian.  And the station did a really nice job of promoting last night's show too.

My apologies in advance for the absence of a set list for the NYE show.  Whle the 'new' material that Kyle's now performing is all VERY familiar to me, it's still 'new' for me seeing Kyle perform these songs.  It's such a treat in so many ways to see Kyle in his new role onstage.  Where he was always somewhat tied down by that keyboard or a guitar, he now has stage movements that have obviously been just waiting to escape their constraints.  The boy can move and schmooze and interact!  (So how come when he comes out in a kilt all of a sudden he's forced to sit BEHIND a keyboard on a stage that somehow seemed suddenly darker?Huh  Did someone pay off the sound/lighting guy???) 

Ahhhh but then there's the OLD fan in me that wouldn't trade those shows where he was 'tied' to that red guitar strumming away for anything.....but I digress....

Highlights for me:
*  Hearing and watching Kyle sing these 'new' songs that are SUCH great songs and so obviously familiar.  He's just SO right for this new role.

*  The 'schtick' that seems to come naturally onstage between Kyle and Ian.  They play off each other so well, musically and personally.  As fun as last night's interaction was, it's clear that it's most likely a regular thing that will only increase in intensity as they get more stage time together.  Over the course of the show they went from Ian and Kyle to Lennon and McCartney to Sinatra and Martin....

*  The influx of 'new' fans.  The majority of last night's audience was definitly Roller fans...and that makes them Kyle Vincent fans in a sense too but they seem to be SO accepting and supportive of the 'new guy'.  Some really great people among those numbers out there.

*  Hearing Kyle and Ian sing 'Let's Pretend'.  AMAZING performance!

*  Ian's rendition of Auld Lang Syne.  It's obviously an emotional song for him and that made it real special.

*  Kyle calling Ian on the carpet and making him explain to the audience just exactly what Hagis is.  It was almost like he was the parent making him confess....'Tell them what it is...go ahead!'  This obviously goes along with the above reference to 'schtick'  Wink  Fun...that's what this show was!

*  The energy.  Like Kyle said, it was a FUN audience.   From 'Magic' to 'Feliz Navidad' to 'Saturday Night', it was an audience particiation night.

*  Hearing Kyle sing Petals Of Peace just into the new year.  I think that about sums it up.

Fun, fun show.....an amazing way to start the new year!   Hopefully I'll have some pictures that will pass inspection and Kyle can get some of them posted soon.

ArKylevist

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:02:50 AM »

Thank you, Carolyn, for the wonderful review!  I love hearing all the little details!  As special as it is hearing/watching Kyle do his solo shows, I always enjoyed his stage interaction and humor when in the duo format -- KV and Tommy, KV and Parthy, KV and Colby, KV and Kenny...  Just something about that male bonding onstage that makes one feel like an insider.  I don't know how to explain it.  Every show throughout the years, though, has been special, be it solo, duo, or full band.  And, yes, it IS fun to see Kyle move around without being tied to the keyboard or guitar.  The man CAN move!  That's for sure!

Hopefully that new schedule to be announced any minute includes a stop in L.A....

^,,^
Gia
kv
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 08:49:00 AM »

This was just sent to me by someone who was at the Cleveland show, but can't figure out how to post it here, so she asked me to do so.

January 1, 2008
  I just got back from Cleveland, OH and for those of you who didn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: